Sooo, who craves salad winter time? No? I don’t. It’s so Cold and all I want is hot stews and baked sweet potatoes. Salad feels like to much Cold vegetables in my stomach… BUT, WHAT IF IT’S A WARM SALAD?
This salad is kind of a “oven-salad”. Everything except salad and chickpeas goes there. Well aint that amazing? Now you get ANOTHER reason to make the oven warm up your house those cold days we have left!
Also. What makes a salad NOT boring? Yep, you had me at tahini. But actually, this dressing is even more fun. It’s a SUNFLOWER-TAHINI dressing. Two good things cant be wrong, am I right? I bought this sunflower butter a few weeks ago but I haven’t find the right way to use it. Well, now I have! This dressing is soo good. And guess what? Nut free! This is a seedlicious dressings that may not contain traces of nuts.
So now. Preheat your ovens and get your carrots. It’s time for some SALAD-MAGIC!
300g Sweet potatoes
120g salad of choice* (I used spinach, romaine and arugula)
100g red bell pepper
1 tsp cumin
2ml garlic powder
2ml Cayenne pepper
2 tsp tamari or soy sauce
smoked paprika to taste
1/2 tsp maple syrup
1 tbsp Tahini
1 tbsp Sunflowerbutter
1-2 cloves garlic, grated
Srirasha to taste
1-2 tsp maple syrup or agave
A big squeeze of lemon or lime juice
2 tbsp cold water
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half and brush with a tiny bit of avocado oil. (I only needed 3-5ml). Place them on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake in the oven at 400f/205c for about 30 minutes or until they’re reeeeally tender.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, mix togheter your sauce by adding the tahini, sunflower butter, Garlic, Srirasha, maple syrup, water and lemon juice to a small bowl. Wisk with a small wisk or fork until it’s nice and smooth.
- Cut up the bell pepper, cauliflower and carrot. Toss the cauliflower in tumeric until golden. Bake the cauliflower and bll pepper in the oven for 10 minutes. Save the carrot for later.
- Divide the salad between to bowls. Add a bit or sauce and mix it with the salad. Save the rest of it for serving.
- Add chickpeas, spices, maple syrup and soy sauce to a pan. Sautée until hot and the soy sauce is gone.
- When the sweet potatoes are done cooking, cut them up to bite sizes. Add everything to the bowls of salad. Top of with cilantro and fresh grapefruit. (I did this AFTER I took the pics, so you can’t see it, but it was frikkin delicious.)
Hope you enjoyes this DELICIOUS bowl of wintery salad!