Who’s up for some peanut tofu Bowls? Well, I’m pretty sure every (pea)nut butter lover would be. These Bowls are awesome!
Picture this: All of your favorite vegetables, fluffy jasmine rice or quinoa, perfectly cooked tofu and creamy, ultra delicicous (pea)nut butter sauce… Mm
So. Not just that it sounds soo good in my ears, also it’s intolerance friendly! Peanut intolerant? Use some cashew- or almond butter! Nutts aint your thing? Well, pick up that tahini, sunflower och pumkinseed butter! Of course it would make a diffrence, but what’s the matter if you haven’t had the real thing? (;
Oh right. Poor people could be allergic to soy… Well then you can use (haven’t tried this) some chickpea tofu maybe? Or any “fake meat” thing made if something else than… soy? I’m really sorry for you guys who miss out on tofu and this INCREDIBLE recipe… ):
But anyways, let’s focus on those who CAN make this! Let’s get cooking!
Serves: 2 bowls
Greens of choice (ex:
100g bell pepper
cilantro to taste
100g uncooked rice or quinoa
2 tbsp peanut butter
2 tsp maple syrup
1 garlic clove
1/2 – 1 tsp ginger
srirascha (or any other hot sauce) to taste
1/4-1/2 tsp rice vinegar or lime/lemon juice
optional: 1/4-1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Cook your rice or quinoa according to package.
- Press the tofu by putting in it a towel with weight on top. (For more explaination scroll down.)
- Meanwhile, chop your veggies and put togheter the ingredients to the sauce.
- Cut the tofu into long, thin (not to thin) slices, then cut the slices in half diagonally or if you want smaller triangles, cut them in half and then diagonally .
- Fry the tofu on a nonstick or with a bit of oil util it becomes slightly brown and crispy on each side. Then add 3/4 of the sauce to the tofu. I brushed one side with a bit, flipped, brushed on other and when i turned back it had fried into the tofu. Then i brushed more, flipped. You get it. (You’ll want it to be a bit sticky and saucy when you serve it though.)
- Assemble the bowl by putting all the veggies, rice and tofu togheter in a big bowl. Enjoy!
*Veggie tips – I cooked my broccoli, fried onion and roasted my bell pepper in the oven. As it’s so cold I can’t eat to many raw vegetables.
*Put your tofu in a towel and place something heavy on top. Wait until the towel is wet and change it. Keep changeing until it barely get wet anymore.
Like it? If you don’t I’m afraid we can’t be friends no more… Just kidding, I know a lot of wierd people.