So. I know easter is over but carrots are still in season here even if bunnies aren’t! And what ‘carrot eating zombie’ would I be without this breakfast? During easter break I had some extra time over in the morning. I love making something extra in the mornings when I have time but I still get hit by those oatmeal cravings! But it feels kind of boring eating variations of oatmeal with berries every morning even if it’s delicious!
I’ve been having oatmeal in some form for breakfast almost every day since late summer. I know it’s kind of strange that I started eating hot bowls of oatmeal in the warmest season but let’s just say It was a pretty mild summer that year. But I do get bored of food VERY easily. There for I eat a very varied diet with a lot of different flavors, ingredients etc. And now that we got a late spring (long winter) I haven’t been feeling the cold breakfasts yet. So I created this. Fancier that regular oatmeal but still… Oatmeal. I guess.
Are you feeling the breakfasts today? Here’s some more recipes you’d probably want for breakfast the following days. I mean these Vegan Banana Pancakes are seriously heavenly, and a simple bowl of vanilla oatmeal is sometimes all you need a cold (or sunny) morning. And if you’re feeling meal prep, why don’t you make ahead some of this delicious Chia Chai granola? Or you simply just make this Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal? Yesh
I only made one portion, but you can totally make more!
100ml shredded carrot
100ml sweetened almond milk or other plant milk of choice
50g banana, mashed
1/2 tsp baking soda
Spices (Choose the ones you like):
Cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom, ginger, vanilla
Optional for garnish: Pumpkin seeds & haselnuts
- Preheat the oven to 393 F (200 C).
- Combine shredded carrot, mashed banana, oats, baking soda & almond milk in a bowl. Add spices to your liking. Be sure not to overdo ginger, nutmeg or cloves as you only need a Little pinch if using. Personally I liked using lots of cinnamon, a pinch of nutmeg & some cardamom.
- Pour the batter into a small baking dish. If you do not own one, make more portions & use a bigger one. The size will affect the baking time so be sure to keep a look on it.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-40 minutes. I baked mine 25 minutes but be sure to keep a look on your as all ovens are different and the baking dish affects the thickness of the layer of oatmeal. It should be crispy on the outside but still a bit wet and goey on the inside.
- Serve with fresh fruit or berries, maple syrup, pumkin seeds, haselnuts, cinnamon and vegan yoghurt such as cashew, almond, coconut or soy.
So, tell me. What’s it like having oaty cake for breakfast? I’d say AMAZING! And even if you’re not the sweet breakfast kind of person I’d say you should give it a go. I don’t use any sweeteners here so the final flavor is flavorful & oaty, yet not so sweet. If you want it sweeter you should add maple syrup Before or after baking it. Hope you’ll enjoy!
If you make this, leave a comment down below!