First blog post + Vanilla Oatmeal
So… Hi! I’m Carrot Eating Zombie and this is my FIRST BLOG POST. Woah. I’m really looking forward to sharing more amazing recipes on this blog. If you want to learn more about me, you can click the ”about me” page on the top menu.
What was that?
It was just the birds chirping in my ear earlier when I took the first bite.
Where was I?
Right, I was just going to tell you how awesome this recipe is.
Wanna know why?
- As a vegan teen I might lack on calcium and this is the perfect recipe to prevent that. Together with my pill, this oatmeal covers my whole daily needs for calcium!
- It tastes sooooo good AND It’s suitable for any toppings or ad ins you’d like!
- Excluding the toppings (DON’T YOU EVER.) this oatmeal only screams for three ingredients. Simple, right?
Do I need to make the lost longer?
I mean, I could but I know how bored you’d be by fifty…
So instead of that long list,
why don’t I give you the recipe?
-150ml wholegrain oats
-200ml almond milk*
-Unsweetened vanilla powder to taste (I use 3-5ml)
Frozen raspberries or cherries (I think any berry or fruit will do but raspberry is my favorite.)
Almond, hazelnuts or cashewnuts
Nutbutter if you feel fancy
- Combine the almond milk with the water and the oats in a pot with a lid and turn the heat on. (If you want you can add in some chia seeds at this point.)
- When you hear the oatmeal starts boiling, remove the lid and lower the heat. Stir so that it doesn’t burn. When it has thickened a bit, add in the vanilla powder and continue to cook ‘til good consistency.
- Serve with toppings as desired!
So, what did I tell ya’?
I think I’ll keep the title as the oatmeal queen, thanks.
Oh, right. I wouldn’t recommend smaller portions if you want to stay full.
Hope you enjoy it,
Cause It’s totally,
*Other nutmilks will work fine to. Haven’t tried it tho. I think the flavor might not be as good if you use oat milk or soya milk because of the nutty flavor in the nutmilks, but I’m not sure. Take what you have on hand! You do you (: